Are you tired of having a job and would prefer a career? Would you like a career with no pay ceiling and excellent benefits?
If you are a highly motivated, relationship oriented, creative and a tenacious person we have the right career for you. Media Sales with Nexstar Media Inc. in Youngstown, Ohio; WKBN-TV, WYFX-TV, WYTV and MyYTV are expanding their successful sales team. We are looking for a solution-oriented, digital savvy and confident individual to join our team. This individual will sell television and digital campaigns to local and regional advertisers. Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and digital terminology. Knowledge of advertising sales, Comscore, Wide Orbit and Matrix is helpful but not necessary. A positive and willingness to learn attitude is mandatory.
Sells comprehensive media solutions to local and regional accounts in a geographic territory to achieve sales targets and maximize revenues. You will represent 4 TV stations and 2 websites plus additional digital solutions.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Identify, develop, and expand existing and new client relationships & key accounts.
• Maintain close communications at various stages in the sales cycle including account updates, weekly projections
and forecasting of future advertising.
• Conduct research on target markets and trends and adjusts sales strategy accordingly.
• Ensure clear understanding and interpretation of client needs, and recommend appropriate solutions, in order to
• Develop short- and long-range plans for revenue growth.
• Negotiate advertising rates, create oral & written presentations; generate packages.
• Monitor accounts receivables.
• Research, analyze and monitor competitive media for new leads.
• Knowledge of online/digital and interactive advertising tools in order to advise advertisers and peer advertising
sales representatives on the effective use of online/digital and interactive advertisements.
• Strong problem solving, communications, writing, negotiation and presentation skills.
• Must be well organized, display a professional demeanor, exude high energy, and show attention to detail.
• Must be a confident, flexible, multi-tasker, and be able to work independently.
• Knowledge of Nielsen ratings is helpful.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree preferred with an emphasis in Business/Marketing or Communications. Sales related experience preferred.
Training/Equipment: Strong MS Office skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: A valid driver’s license, state mandated automobile insurance and an acceptable driving record are also required.
NOTE: This job description contains basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
• Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
• Establishes credible relationships with local business community.
• Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients.
• Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
• Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients.
• Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
• Provides clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
• Develops advertising schedules with clients and station personnel responsible for placing advertising into station media.
• Works with clients and station personnel to develop advertisements.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Minimum one year’s experience in sales, preferably in the media field.
• Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
• Experience achieving long-range objectives and implementing the strategies and actions to achieve them.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
********* EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *********
Apply online at http://www.wkbn.com/about-us/work-for-us