Part-time OAPSE / AFSCME Union contracted Bus Aide Paraprofessional positions starting at $14.12 per hour; Monday through Friday; with paid holidays, paid sick days and annual step raises.
Potential full-time OAPSE / AFSCME Union contracted positions available through union seniority bids.
Non-Union Substitute Support Staff positions available at the rate of $10.30 per hour
For a complete list of our open positions visit our website employment page http://www.austintownschools.org/Content2/20636
Duties and Responsibilities:
REQUIREMENTS TO BE ON FILE BEFORE A SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT CAN BEGIN WORK ARE:
- Monitor students while riding the bus in accordance with their needs
- Assist students entering and exiting the bus in accordance with their needs
- Physically capable of safely and appropriately lifting and managing preschool and special needs children when necessary
- Work as a team with the bus driver to ensure safety and efficiency in the transfer of students
- Shall adhere to all District policies, and Transportation guidelines while on the bus and at the transfer locations
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Provide leadership by enforcing pupil behavior while on the bus
- Ensure that students are in a safe, secure environment at all times
- Employ a variety of strategies to manage student behavior and conflict
- Must attend required training and in-service annually
- All other duties consistent with the general job description as assigned by the Building Administrators, Department Supervisor, Superintendent, or designee
- Current favorable BCII (State) and FBI (Federal) background checks
- Ohio Educational Aide Permit with ESEA endorsement (if applicable to assignment)
- Negative drug screen
Employees must follow all board policies, all state, and federal laws, and adhere to the Ohio Code of Ethics set up by the Ohio Department of Education. Subject to all applicable laws, essential job functions of this position include the employee being punctual and capable of completing all of the duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
The successful candidate must complete all required Vector Solutions/Safe Schools courses as assigned.