Altronic, LLC is seeking a highly motivated, self-starting CNC Machine Operator for our Girard, Ohio location. Candidate will be responsible for providing high quality sub-assemblies and machined components to the final assembly departments. To achieve and maintain this, the applicant must be able to communicate with other operators, machinists, the section leader, methods department, and the Supervisor in an open and professional manner. While machining the product(s), the candidate will be responsible for inspecting the assemblies and components using various micrometers, calipers, and guages, to ensure they meet quality standards based off working procedures and Engineering drawings. During the duration of the shift, the candidate is responsible to maintain not only quality standards, but also the necessary productivity, safety, and on-time completion standards for the position. This position also requires general housekeeping duties in conjunction with 5S standards to maintain a safe and orderly work area. Additional tasks may be assigned by the team leader and/or Supervisor to accommodate fluctuating production schedules and requirements. Note that our machine shop is a clean and temperature-controlled shop!
This is a full-time hourly position, day shift or afternoon shift, Monday-Friday schedule, and Overtime
Main Tasks. Candidate should have a strong working knowledge operating manual and CNC lathes, vertical, and horizonal mills, drill presses, and various support equipment. Individual will perform Setups, Maintenance, Operation, and diagnose minor mechanical issues with the equipment or fixturing. Applicant should possess basic shop math. Basic computer skills with file transfer are beneficial.
- Setup, operation, and maintenance of manual and CNC equipment
- Must be able to work productively, safely, and independently without supervision to meet quality, productivity, and on-time goals.
- Must be able to multi-task to perform manual jobs within the department while CNC machines are running through their cycle
- Possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal, within the department
- Participate in employee training and willing to improve skills through cross-training
- Basic troubleshooting of equipment and processes is beneficial
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and work instructions
- Proven ability to have mechanical aptitude and 5+ years' experience operating CNC equipment
- Must be capable of lifting 50lbs. (on occasion)
- A working knowledge of ISO G and M code commands are desired, but not required
- WorKeys certification and NMIS credentials are a plus
- Excellent time management skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic skill with Microsoft Word, Excel and other related software are beneficial
- Must have positive attitude and be able to work in a team environment
- Highly energetic personality with the ability to multi-task and perform on your feet for 8+ hours/day
- SAP or ERP experience desired
- Understanding of machining processes and various equipment types highly desired
- Familiarity with PC functionality
Altronic LLC offers a dynamic, continually changing work environment with opportunity for advancement. Our robust benefits package includes employee option to participate in Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, FSA & HSA. All employees are provided with paid Short- & Long-Term Disability coverage, Life Insurance, paid Vacation, paid Holidays, paid Sick Days, paid Parental Leave; Tuition Reimbursement, 401(k) Retirement Plan with matching contributions, and profit sharing.
Altronic has long been regarded as the world's leading manufacturer of ignition and control systems for industrial engines. These products represent the industry standard for quality. All are designed to improve engine performance and enhance reliability. Many also improve operating efficiency, helping to reduce emissions, which contributes to a healthier environment.