Part-time OAPSE / AFSCME Union Custodial Cleaning contracted positions starting at $12.73 per hour; Monday through Friday; with paid holidays, paid sick days and annual step raises.
Potential full-time OAPSE / AFSCME Union contracted positions available through union seniority bids.
Non-Union Substitute Custodial positions available at the rate of $10.30 per hour
For a complete list of our open positions visit our website employment page http://www.austintownschools.org/Content2/20636
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Previous cleaning experience preferred.
- Physically capable of performing all job duties that may include but are not limited to lifting, bending, stooping, stretching, and moving of heavy objects.
REQUIREMENTS TO BE ON FILE BEFORE A SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT CAN BEGIN WORK ARE:
- Performs general cleaning of assigned areas.
- Reports unsafe conditions and/or maintenance problems to the Head Custodian, Turn Leader, Facilities Supervisor and/or Building Administrator
- Identifies and reports unauthorized persons in the the Head Custodian, Turn Leader, Facilities Supervisor and/or Building Administrator
- Performs all related tasks as assigned by the Head Custodian, Turn Leader, Facilities Supervisor and/or Building Administrator
The skills test may be administered over the following areas:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current favorable BCII (State) and FBI (Federal) background checks
- Successful completion of the skills test when applicable.
- Negative drug screen
Proper handling and mixing of cleaning solutions, job-related terminology, safety procedures, basic equipment maintenance, and demonstration of cleaning
Employees must follow all board policies, all state, and federal laws, and adhere to the Ohio Code of Ethics set up by the Ohio Department of Education. Subject to all applicable laws, essential job functions of this position include the employee being punctual and capable of completing all of the duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
The successful candidate must complete all required Vector Solutions/Safe Schools courses as assigned.