Position: Inside Sales Representative
Type: Direct Hire
Location: South Boston / Providence
Salary Range: $80K
Benefits – Health insurance (medical, dental, vision all start day of hire)
- PTO, Life Insurance, 401K after 90 days, company match after 1 year
Our customer is the Mid-Atlantic & New England Region’s premium supplier for Petroleum Equipment Sales and are currently hiring for an Inside Sales Representative that will transition from the Inside Sales to Outside Sales after a substantial amount of time training. At first, the position requires the person to accurately input orders, quotes, and ensure that day to day customer needs are met. Once transitioned to Outside Sales, the candidate should have the ability to lead and execute sales strategies. Identifies business opportunities, expands markets, cultivates relationships, provides valued solutions, and executes initiatives that will take the Company’s success to the next level. Continuously fosters relationships with customers by providing on-going support, information, resolution, and improvements.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Check availability on material in stock and when not in stock, locate and give customer an ETA on when material will arrive on location.
- Responsible for entire order process, including order creation to the delivery of the correct products.
- Maintains accurate and organized records.
- Ensure freight charges are billed on tickets to customers when material is shipped on third party carriers. Collect packing list and received POs from warehouse.
- Check email frequently for orders or incoming quotes.
- Ensure quotes and orders are done in a timely manner, meeting deadlines from sales team and customers.
- Carefully review Vendor Purchase Orders to ensure accuracy.
- Collaborates with Outside Sales and Driver/Warehouse Personnel to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Remain knowledgeable of company’s products, market and industry trends, competitors, and leading customer strategies.
After transition to Outside Sales
- Identifies business opportunities by targeting prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; provides a consultative sales approach to better understand business from the customer’s perspective.
- Maintain outstanding levels of customer service.
- Keep customers current with updated equipment information with consistent communication, attention to detail and sales of company approved products and services at a fair profit margin.
- Serve the retail-oriented customers – architects, engineers, municipalities, mechanical contractors, and regulators to specify, quote and sell Company’s products and services.
- This position requires an understanding of how fuel and lubrication systems operate including but not limited to vehicular fueling, day tank systems for generators, above and below ground tank systems and lubrication systems in shop maintenance facilities.
- Provide marketing and promotional designs to expand sales.
- Maintain accurate files relating to customer contact, details, and promotional activities.
- Analyzes competitors to help identify key business opportunities to expand market reach and develop services; assess situations and recommend strategies for moving forward.
- Remains current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors to strategically position our products/services; maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks.
- Creates and communicates meaningful Sales and Performance KPI’s to drive profitable growth.
- Creates and encourages an atmosphere of partnership, collaboration and teamwork with other departments leveraging networking across the business.
- Forecasts/reports on actual performance, both financially and with respect to customer service performance metrics
- Determine customer requirements for new products & services and introduce new products to existing accounts.
- 1 to 2 years previous sales experience and/or training in petroleum industry
- Previous experience with an ERP system a plus
- Highly effective communicator
- Ability to project a positive image to customer.
- Demonstrated ability to build positive business relationships.
- Well organized and represent the company in a professional manner.
- Able to deal with a variety of people and situations in a positive and open-minded manner.
- Good listener and strong written and verbal communicator
- Entrepreneurial, goal driven, action oriented, self-motivated.
- Ability to make key customer decisions.
- Attention to detail and deadlines.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
We are an EOE.