The IT Technician handles the technical IT needs and help desk requests for multiple plants.
Duties and responsibilities
• Perform setup, troubleshooting and diagnostics on any computer equipment, network peripherals, thermal printers, scanners, and software.
• Install, replace and maintain peripherals and computer equipment. Ensure devices are labeled and tracked
• Computer software – problem solve programs that lock up or run slow, scan for viruses, spyware, install or remove programs as directed.
• Network cabling - ensure cables are tested, labeled, and certified. Work with Corporate IT to perform changes and modifications to network.
• Computers – setup new workstations to our standards; asset track and label, reload workstations as required. Troubleshoots failed devices (hard drives, monitors, etc.) and repair or replace as necessary.
• Responsible for responding to user requests in a timely manner.
• Play an active role in documenting installation procedures and configuring equipment as per guidelines set forth by Corporate Information Technology and Sarbanes Oxley policies and procedures.
• Assist with all related testing and implementation of new systems or applications as per standards set forth by Corporate Information Technology.
• Acquire thorough understanding of all backup systems, and their use.
• Can handle support calls on a variety of issues.
• Play an active role in the maintenance of peripherals, backup systems, local tape backup changes, server resets, and any other items
• Be knowledgeable of application upgrades, design changes, setup requirements, and change management procedures.
• Train users in use of computer equipment and software as required.
• Knowledge of EDI and Bar Coding requirements – assist users in use of software and making necessary changes.
• Writing and consultation of technical papers and user guides as required.
• Perform regular audits / tests to ensure systems stability in the operations environment and complete the logs that monitor these tasks.
• Occasional travel to support remote operations or perform training.
• Understanding of technology used in the automotive industry and other industries we serve.
• Complete IT forms and comply with Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
• Perform testing and maintain the disaster recovery plan and all related documentation.
• Responsible for learning the core business and using that knowledge to further the understanding of the position.
• Perform any other related duties as assigned by the IT department.
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Three (3) years’ experience in the IT field, preferably in the automotive manufacturing environment.
• Advanced knowledge with Microsoft Office programs
• Strong PC Knowledge with an understanding of networks
• Strong communication and customer service sills (both internal and external)
Working conditions and environment
Climate controlled office environment with exposure to a manufacturing/foundry setting