Order Fulfillment Specialist Job Description
Summary: Required to assist with warehouse tasks and duties to ensure appropriate receiving, inventory, and shipment of all products in a timely manner. Accurately keeping records and assisting with various tasks assigned to maintain efficiencies and cleanliness of warehouse.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Make customer service priority and apply knowledge of all company products and services to accommodate any special requests a customer may have.
- Loads and unloads delivery vehicles to include operating fork trucks, lifting and carrying merchandise and stocking in appropriate areas throughout the warehouse according to part number and/or description.
- Completes customer orders to include obtaining appropriate material from storage in accordance with picking ticket, prepares shipments to include boxing materials, labeling with appropriate shipping information, completing appropriate paperwork, and prepares deliveries to include obtaining merchandise from inventory.
- Accurately and paying attention to special request and needs of the individual orders.
- Review and spot check orders pulled.
- Signs for incoming deliveries, loads and unloads delivery trailers/trucks by hand or with material handling equipment as needed.
- Accepts and examines both visually and physically incoming vendor deliveries for accuracy and ensures product conditions meet company standards, as well as secures legible notations from transportation companies regarding damages or discrepancies as needed.
- Handles damaged merchandise by returning to vendor, cleaning, re-boxing or re-packing as appropriate in coordination with the Warehouse Manager or Purchasing Agent.
- Establishes and maintains adequate records to track inventory coming into and leaving the warehouse on a perpetual basis, while verifying quantities of deliveries and merchandise serial numbers in comparing merchandise to packing slips.
- Rotates inventory items within warehouse according to company policy and advises management when deviations in movement occur.
- Stores materials and supplies within the warehouse according to part number and/or description.
- Maintains entire warehouse facility in a clean, organized and safe manner, including office
- Ensures adherence to company policies and procedures paying special attention to safety regulations.
- Remains current on new equipment and techniques to enhance the warehouse's ability to store, retrieve and ship products in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ensures proper use of equipment in accordance with safety regulations and provides training as needed.
- Handles repair/preventive maintenance/upkeep of warehouse equipment by keeping lift equipment always clean and fueled/charged, continually inspecting equipment and notifying management immediately of needed repair/service.
- Determines method of shipping procedures through routes and/or rates and prepares necessary shipping documents and is constantly reviewing freight cost to ensure the best delivery methods as a fill in for shipping Coordinator and or Warehouse Manager.
- Manages and processes freight claims efficiently regarding customer orders as a fill in for Shipping Coordinator and or Warehouse Manager.
- Reports shipping and receiving details to the appropriate department on a regular and timely basis as a fill in for Shipping Coordinator and or Warehouse Manager.
- This position will be trained in NetSuite Tasks. Ultimately, this person will be able to fulfill orders on scanner and complete them through NetSuite/PaceJet.
- If the WH Manager/Assistant are away from the office for an extended period, the warehouse employee will be able to pickup where they left off to keep orders from getting behind.
- Completion of these tasks is essential to keep shipping and receiving on schedule.
- Email will also be a tool necessary for completing this part of the necessary requirements. If there are non-conforming items, photo emails can be sent to Manager/Assistant to add to existing cases.
- The ability to view and print purchase orders will also be necessary to inspect incoming product.
- Entering non-conforming cases will be a task that this employee should become familiar with. When items are determined to be non-conforming, putting items in quarantine, and marking with “hold” stickers until case has been updated/released by salesperson is important.
Skills: Written Communication Skills, Oral Communication Skills, Computer Knowledge, Reading Skills, Math Aptitude, Organization, Time Management, Customer Service, Planning, Negotiations, Professionalism, Project, Management, Ability to lift up to 50 pounds or more on a regular basis.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or Equivalent. Prior warehouse management experience helpful.
Back Up: Warehouse Manager, Warehouse employee