Part-time OAPSE / AFSCME Union paraprofessional contracted positions starting at $14.12 per hour; Monday through Friday; with paid holidays, paid sick days and annual step raises.
Potential full-time OAPSE / AFSCME Union contracted positions available through union seniority bids.
Non-Union Substitute Support Staff positions available at the rate of $10.30 per hour
For a complete list of our open positions visit our website employment page http://www.austintownschools.org/Content2/20636
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prior experience in educational support preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Computer knowledge and possess basic academic skills
- Physically capable of performing all job duties that may include but are not limited to: standing, stooping, and stretching
- Good character, courtesy, efficiency, cleanliness, and commitment to the welfare of the students
(may include all or some duties listed based on assignment)
REQUIREMENTS TO BE ON FILE BEFORE A SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT CAN BEGIN WORK ARE:
- Monitor student(s) individually, in small or large groups in a variety of circumstances relating to the school environment.
- Assist in regular, special education classroom, and/or media center.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Provide leadership by enforcing pupil behavior set forth by the building principal.
- Have a basic understanding of school building operations.
- Ensure that students are in a safe, secure environment at all times.
- Employ a variety of strategies to manage student behavior and conflict.
- Crossing Guard duties when required.
- Assist in classroom management duties including small group instruction.
- Must possess computer skills to assist students with computers or when performing clerical duties.
- Operate office equipment
- All other duties consistent with the general job description as assigned by the Building Administrators, Superintendent, or designee.
- Current favorable BCII (State) and FBI (Federal) background checks
- Ohio Educational Aide Permit with ESEA endorsement
- Negative drug screen
Employees must follow all board policies, all state, and federal laws, and adhere to the Ohio Code of Ethics set up by the Ohio Department of Education. Subject to all applicable laws, essential job functions of this position include the employee being punctual and capable of completing all of the duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
The successful candidate must complete all required Vector Solutions/Safe Schools courses as assigned.