POSITION TITLE: Practice Manager
DEPARTMENT/PROGRAM: Valley Counseling Services
REPORTS TO: Director
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Practice Manager anticipates, plans, organizes and directs the operations of four behavioral health practices to ensure the highest quality care and services are provided to clients. In addition, this position has oversight of the administrative staff to ensure efficient operations and workflows for patients, providers, and employees through the application of standardized processes and best practices.
- Overseeing the practice’s daily operations by supervising administrative employees, managing employee and patient schedules, ordering inventory, overseeing payroll and taxes, scheduling equipment maintenance and implementing business strategies.
- Making sure that the office upholds privacy laws and other medical regulations.
- Supervises and motivates people by promoting a team approach to problem solving, team development and goal setting within assigned areas.
- Performs management functions including interviewing, hiring, training, and evaluating staff. Counsels employees regarding employment, performance, promotion and termination in accordance with agency policies.
- Ensures clinical staff practice within the scope of their respective licensing/certifying boards.
- Provide oversight of multi-location and multi-provider practices in collaboration with the Director.
- Work alongside the leadership team on developing and implementing strategic initiatives.
- Serves as a role model to set the standards of behavior, professionalism, and outstanding customer services in all relationships with internal and external customers.
- Facilitates troubleshooting and follow up to ensure effective provider, staff, customer and peer relationships.
- Adheres to the established controls of quality, compliance and risk standards for the day to day operations of the practice.
- Functions as a key liaison for all new provider integration activities for the practice. Assists in the transition process for onboarding new physicians and APPs.
- Works in collaboration with the Billing Supervisor on all revenue cycle processes, including copays, daily cash drawer, bank deposits, coding compliance, etc.
- Meets with the leadership team to review data trends and develop/adjust strategic priorities. Reviews applicable practice data and identifies variances.
- Promotes the organization’s mission and vision.
- Complies with agency policies and procedures, COA regulations, federal and state requirements, and educational/certification/registry requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively communicate with Physicians, other medical professionals, office personnel employees and patients
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Computer literacy and knowledge of relevant health care and administrative software
- Good leadership, motivation, training, conflict resolution and goal-setting skills
- Knowledge in medical terminology, health care management, and health care law and/or ethics
- Organization and time management skills
- Understanding of health and safety standards in the medical industry
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL/LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS: Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in medical related discipline preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Two years' experience managing a physician practice or two years’ experience as a Practice Lead. Experience working in a behavioral health practice preferred.