Part-time OAPSE / AFSCME Union contracted Bus Driver positions starting at $18.64 per hour; Monday through Friday; with paid holidays, paid sick days and annual step raises. District health benefits available in accordance with the negotiated agreement.
Potential Bus Driver Attendance Bonus of $2400 per school year ($800 per trimester available to drivers who meet the Attendance Bonus requirements)
FREE On-Site CDL Training Available To Interested Candidates
Duties and Responsibilities:
REQUIREMENTS TO BE ON FILE BEFORE A SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT CAN BEGIN WORK ARE:
- Maintain control, enforce regulations, and safely transports authorized students to and from bus stops and schools in accordance with the approved scheduled routes, Ohio Revised Code regulations, Board of Education Policy, and the Administrative Guidelines
- Report unruly students to the Building Administrator on the district Conduct Report Form
- Report accidents and complete required forms in accordance with Board of Education Policy and Administrative Guidelines
- Promptly report delays and mechanical failures to preventative maintenance person(s) and/or Transportation Supervisor (Rule 3301-83-08 of Administrative Code)
- Maintain daily pre-trip sheet regarding the safety, operation, and overall condition of the bus (Rule 3301-83-11 of the Administrative Code)
- Meet or exceed physical qualifications (Rule 3301-83-07 of the Administrative Code)
- Meet or exceed OACC 3301-83-10 of the Personnel training program
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the transportation supervisor and abide by all transportation management policies under the Ohio Administrative Code, 3301-83-08
- Comply with annual driver record check (Rule 3301-83-07 of the Administrative Code) with no more than (6) six points within the last twenty-four (24) months as verified by an abstract obtained through the Bureau of Motor Vehicles
- Favorable State (BCII) and Federal (FBI) background checks. A new report will be required every (6) six years thereafter as a school bus driver.
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License and hold a valid Class B CDL, with S and P endorsements.
- Negative pre-employment drug screen; comply with random testing thereafter.
- Pass a T-8 physical required for school bus drivers
Employees must follow all board policies, all state, and federal laws, and adhere to the Ohio Code of Ethics set up by the Ohio Department of Education. Subject to all applicable laws, essential job functions of this position include the employee being punctual and capable of completing all of the duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
The successful candidate must complete all required Vector Solutions/Safe Schools courses as assigned.