Job Title: HobbyTown ® Store Manager
Job Summary: The Store Manager is responsible for providing effective direction and supervision for all store employees. This position requires knowledge in all facets of store operations, strong supervisory and customer service skills, and superior product knowledge.
Ranking: Reports to Store Owner. Supervises Shift Managers and Employees.
- Store Operations
- Perform general office duties
- Open/close the store, Protect all Company assets
- Delegate appropriate duties to Shift Managers and Employees
- Daily cash deposits, keep cash over/short within store guidelines
- Maintain good working relationship with the Owner, Co-Workers, Vendors, Delivery Personnel, and HobbyTown Home Office Staff
- Comply with Federal, State, Local, and Company policies, procedures, and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Customer Service
- Learn and understand “HobbyTown way - 30 second rules”
- Ensure the highest level of customer service and satisfaction (including product demos, troubleshooting, and handling customer complaints and product returns)
- Computer System
- Learn the functions of SmartSuite and Hobby + program
- Send Excel reports to Owner
- Store Profit
- Maintain profit margins
- Weekly budget forms
- Compile/Track sales
- Departmental Support
- Product knowledge about all categories, keep up to date on all product publications
- In-store product reviews / product demos
- Keeping close contact with Home office (Franchise Business Advisor) to compare ideas and concerns, problems, and/or ideas for change that may affect the store.
- Inventory Control
- Maintain inventory levels / product turns
- Use the SmartSuite system to complete product ordering
- Utilize Buyers Club
- Pricing of product and discounting
- Make recommendations on current and new products and keep informed on categories throughout the store
- Conduct inventory cycle counts to ensure accuracy and identify close-outs
- Hiring / Training
- Interview, hire, and develop a qualified, well trained staff
- Routinely conduct staff meetings and training sessions
- Complete employee performance evaluations according to prescribed schedule
- Address poor and underperformance issues in a timely manner
- Store Promotions
- Running gaming activities and tournaments
- Indoor / outdoor radio control racing events
- Managing National Model Contest
- Other seasonal clubs to help promote sales in the store
- High School diploma or GED required
- 4-year college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred, but not necessary.
- Minimum of 5 years retail experience with at least 2 years in retail store management required.
- Must be able to periodically work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English fluently.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Proven successful experience as a retail manager
- Customer management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- This is a non-exempt position paid on an hourly basis with a normal workweek not to exceed 40 hours.
- Health care benefits and paid time off.
- Bonus/Incentive program based on goals set and met.
- Wage base commensurate with experience.