Anderson-DuBose has been voted the NUMBER ONE Top Workplace 2020 for mid-size employers in NE Ohio!
This position is responsible for the daily supervision of all Delivery Associates and performing other tasks to insure customer orders are delivered properly and all preferred work methods are followed, while still maintaining a productive workforce and on time deliveries. This position is also responsible for forecasting business volume and ensuring all scheduling and delivery targets are reached.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other Duties May Be Assigned):
- Resolves employee issues and delivery related complaints from drivers; coaches for enhanced performance and redirects to eliminate poor performance.
- Ensures all DOT and regulatory rules are in compliance, including all driver qualification files, hours of service, DVIR and IFTA reporting.
- Directs the planning and assignment of all work for the most efficient use of personnel and fleet equipment, ensuring daily trials align with the budget, while adhering to all DOT and regulations.
- Coordinates all fleet maintenance repairs for completion in a timely manner and ensures safe operations within compliance of DOT regulations.
- Assists in managing the company safety program to include driver safety meetings, injury and accident investigations, and ensuring all safety practices and policies are followed.
- Assists the completion of comprehensive training (SOP) for all personnel under span of control.
- Ensures all daily and weekly reports are kept current, including payroll, TMW, service reliability, on-time reporting, temperature monitoring, hours of service and the completion of all TMW load diagramming.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management, including running routes in a Class A vehicle, when necessary.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Coaching/Developing - Accurately assesses strengths and developmental needs of employees, gives specific feedback and helpful suggestions. Provides challenging assignments and opportunities for career development. Builds skills and confidence to improve performance.
- Planning/Implementing - Organizes work based on clearly defined action steps and assigns responsibilities accordingly. Executes tasks while checking accuracy and timely progress. Responds and adjusts to issues as they arise and re-organizes and plans as needed.
- Business/Operational - Manages allocated resources to produce optimum results, focusing on approaches and techniques designed to increase production or decrease costs, enhancing overall organizational profitability. Understands and controls key factors influencing profits. Sees the big picture beyond departmental or single functional concerns that, on their own, won’t influence overall results. Is aware of internal politics and changing dynamics of the organization. Forges links with other departments and establishes supportive networks.
- Customer Service and Relations (External and Internal) - Works to ensure every customer interaction is positive. Provides courteous and timely assistance. Listens and is responsive to needs. Is professional, polite and maintains customer confidentiality. Develops relationships with customers and is personable. Works to resolving conflicts and follows through on stated actions. Communicates back to customers to close the loop.
- Stress/Pressure Tolerance - Quickly assesses situations and develops solutions and contingencies. Remains calm, objective and in control of stressful situations. Makes rational and sound decisions. Maintains a stable performance under pressure and accepts criticism without becoming overly defensive. Stays focused on overall goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education – Bachelor's degree in Logistics Management OR five years experience in related field.
Experience – 3 to 5 years related experience and/or training in: Logistics or Distribution related field.
Language Skills – Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, business plans, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups employees, customers or vendors, etc.
Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations – CDL class A license is required.
Other Skills and Abilities – Computer software, Excel, Word, Power Point, People Net, TMW, Truck Builder, Paragon and JDEdwards OneWorld. Also, skills in Supervision, Safety Management, Developing Standard Operating Procedures, Managing Processes, Reporting Skills, Analyzing Information and Equipment Maintenance.
This position will require work on various shifts, and will not be eligible for a regular bid and a defined schedule.